27 July 2007

Thieved...Again.

As you may recall from an earlier post, at one point Famous In May was robbed of the PA amp that Adam had worked hard to buy. Well, some evil bandits have struck again. This time, it was at my house. Early this morning Todd and Sandy awoke to find the back window (right by my back door, 10 feet from my room) was open. Upon inspection, they noticed that Hartness' PS3 was taken.

I first heard the news when Andrew called me later that morning. He told me I should go check that room to see if my stuff was missing--the PS3 shared a room with my guitar gear. My heart sank, and I was certain that my new telecaster was gone. When I entered the room, nothing of mine was gone. Ubben's LCD TV was still there as well. The living room still had the DVR and the Wii. Nothing was missing except the PS3.

Now, admittedly, this is worse for others than it is for me. Obviously, Hartness paid to buy that PS3 (even though he got it 50% off as a return at Wal-Mart). Todd's copy of NCAA '08 was gone with it. The $50 controller that Tad and Todd split was gone. Yet, I still feel weird about it. Obviously, I feel bad for Andrew. The guy works hard for what money he's got. He can't afford to replace that PS3, and he wouldn't want to buy one at full price anyway. Yet, that's not what has me thrown off the most.

What bothers me most as that it had to be someone we know. That window was in the living room with a big screen, a DVR, and a Wii. Most people would figure that this is the only room with crap like that in it. They went to the front room, which is supposed to be a dining room. They passed up an HDTV and 1,000's of dollars worth of guitar gear. I had 3 guitars in that room worth about 4 PS3's together. Somebody had to have known there was a PS3 sitting in that room, and they knew it would be easiest to take. If you were really just going in to get something quick, you would've grabbed the Wii or the DVR from the first room you saw. You wouldn't keep searching (in the middle of the night, while the residents are asleep).

Someone that I know and trusted well enough to let in my house felt that they needed a PS3 bad enough as to steal it from us. That hurts.

No comments: