11 July 2007

Speaking of Almost Official...

Today, at 12:30, I entered the U of A Computer Testing Lab to face-off with the CLEP test for College Biology I. To be perfectly honest, I hadn't studied until last night, and I did a piss poor job then. I half-studied some more this morning. Then, I left to face certain doom.

As I took the test, I kept a real positive attitude. I constantly thought, "Oh my god, I'm going to fail this test." I started thinking about how I needed to figure out which branch of ACC (Austin Community College) was nearest to my new house, and I needed to see if they had a 1 night a week Biology I class. When I finished all 115 questions (with about 50 minutes to spare), I didn't bother to check my answers.

Well, I thought about not reporting my scores. Then I thought, well, what if I did pass? So, I clicked report score. Low and behold, a 53 was staring back at me. "Holy crap," I thought, "that's 3 points more than I needed to pass." Right on.

So, my man, you're reading a blog from a now (almost) official college graduate. I'm going to call the English department tomorrow to speak with an advisor. After the paper work clears, which will hopefully be soon, I will have my Bachelor of Arts in English from the University of Arkansas. How awesome is that?

2 comments:

Schellhase said...

Yeah! Congradulations on your imminent BA.

By the way, I loved your Transformers review, because I too thought it was a heap of technicolor dung.

Stu said...

Miller, you are easily the smartest hippie-lookin, chuck taylor-wearin, guitar playin english major I've ever known. It's a pleasure to read your blog.