14 July 2007

Kafkaesque

So, I swung by Chick-Fil-A for a sweet tea this afternoon. As I waited in line for what seemed like an eternity (in the negative sense of the word), I noticed a beetle of some sort on the hood of the Mazda. The poor beetle was stuck on his back, struggling to flip himself over. It reminded me of Kafka's "Metamorphosis." Nonetheless, the little guy struggled and struggled. With each failed attempt to turn over, he slid down the hood of my car. Finally, he fell to the ground below. I can only hope he landed on his feet.

4 comments:

Mere O. said...

I bet you ran over him after you drove away. You should get sweet tea at McDonalds...it's only $1.

James Miller said...

There's no McDonald's by my parent's house--unless you go inside Wal-Mart.

Kristen said...

be honest james, you think you're too good for mcdonald's don't you. just come out and say it.

Stu said...

That anonymous person is hilarious....and right!