18 July 2007

Michael Jordan, Move Over...

As we all should know by now (even Brett, who only figured this out 2 weeks ago), the world's most popular/famous athlete is making his way to the United States to play some ball. No, it's not Ichiro. It's not Yao Ming. It's not even Dirk Nowitski. It's the one and only, David Beckham.

The ball-bending midfielder makes his Major League Soccer (MLS) debut this Saturday night, and I'm having a little party to celebrate it. ESPN will be airing a special about the man himself ("David Beckham: The American Dream," forget the slight irony) at 6:30 on Saturday. The game, which will pit Beckham's LA Galaxy against his home country's FC Chelsea, begins at 7:30. Feel free to drop by for either the hour special or the game, or both.

I'm probably going to order some pizzas. You'd be welcome to have some for a small donation. Also, bring your own beverages--whatever they may be. I'll have some water if you want it, but it won't be in a bottle.

If you don't know how to get to my house call me or call someone who knows me well, because I'm clearly not putting directions to my house or my phone number on my blog.

SIDENOTE: If Beckham ends up sitting out due to his sore ankle, you're welcome to come over. I will probably not be watching the game.

4 comments:

Schellhase said...

Frick. I have to work: I'll to swap shifts.

Brett said...

Well, to be fair... MLS is probably the 17th most popular sport in the U.S., and I don't have ESPN.

There are more important things than knowing that David Beckham is moving to L.A.

On the flip side... this may take MLS to something like the 8th most popular sport in the U.S. Yay!

James Miller said...

You're very cynical Mr. Harkey. Very cynical.

Schellhase said...

I'll be there.