21 July 2007

So, I'm Moving to Austin...

T-Ten Favorite Austin Bands:
10. The Butthole Surfers (And the worst band name ever award goes to...)
9. ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead
8. What Made Milwaukee Famous
7. Daniel Johnston
6. Voxtrot
5. I Love You, But I've Chosen Darkness
4. Explosions in the Sky
3. Okkervil River
2. The American Analog Set
1. Spoon

T-Five Favorite Places I've Eaten At in the ATX:
5. Taco Cabana (Not local, but I love it.)
4. Opal Divine's
3. Santa Rita's Cantina
2. Poke-E-Jo's BBQ
1. Roppolo's Pizza

T-Five Coolest Places I've Been To in the ATX:
5. The Daniel Johnston mural off of Guadalupe Ave.
4. Regal Arbor Cinema
3. Bull McCabe's Irish Pub
2. The Arthouse @ the Jones Center
1. Waterloo Records

T-Five Most Exciting Things About Moving:
5. Settling in to a new house that has a little character.
4. Hopefully meeting some new, interesting people.
3. Experiencing life in a bigger city.
2. Playing, hearing, and seeing music.
1. Striking out on my own, with just God and Adam to turn to.

4 comments:

artdirector said...

I like that I'm right after God as, people to turn to. I realize it's really more circumstantial then your next best option, but I'll take second place to God any day.

James Miller said...

I mean, it's easy to turn to someone you can physically turn to. I mean, a swivel of my chair and there you'll be.

Compston said...

By seeing music, do you mean you'll be taking some LSD?

James Miller said...

Right, I'll be taking hallucinogenic drugs that will allow me to see the melody floating through the air--like in the video for "Soul Meets Body." No, I meant live shows.