14 June 2007

Champions...again.

Just thought I'd remind you all that the San Antonio Spurs just won their fourth NBA World Championship. That means they've won four of the last eight championships. The Spurs join the Lakers, the Bulls, and the Celtics as the only franchises to win at least 4 championships.

So, I went to my first Spurs game at the age of 5 (did you know I lived in San Antonio from the time I was three until I was almost eleven?). They're easily the team that I've most passionately followed throughout my life (though, you could argue that I've surpassed that with the Razorbacks). Regardless, I'm excited to be moving back near Spurs country soon. I hope to go to like 10 games next season.

I'm pretty much the only Spurs fan I know (excluding my parents, my sister, and my brother-in-law). I think I met someone not long ago who called themselves a Spurs fan. If memory serves correct, they had jumped on the bandwagon after the 2003 championship. Regardless, it's really exciting to see your team win it all. After 3 disappointing close calls (football, basketball, & baseball) with the Razorbacks almost winning the SEC (& making runs for the National Title), it's good to have a team I love take home some hardware. If the Braves continue their success and the Dolphins climb out of obscurity, this could be a great sports year for me.

No comments: