09 July 2007

Ladies and Gentelmen, Introducing...

Well, I did something sort of crazy today. I'm selling my bass amp to Aaron Hopwood of CFP, and I was planning (or thinking about) using the money to buy a Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue with a walnut stain finish. Well, I made a trip to the new Guitar Center in Fayetteville today. I saw the guitar I have wanted for years right there. Well, I bought it. I know I haven't actually sold the amp yet, but Hops is buying it when he returns from Ireland. This is certainly not the wisest thing I've ever done, but I'm a musician (so there's not a lot of wise decision-making in my life). I would imagine that moving to Austin to start a band is probably not viewed as wise either, so chalk up another crazy move to my history. Anyway, here's my lovely new guitar.

4 comments:

Cameron said...

Beautiful. I've always wanted a Telecaster, as well.

Also, I miss you.

erinelizabeth said...

wow. being away from the internet for two weeks puts me waaayy behind on the blog posts from james lynn. it was great seeing you for the first time in a long time at the wedding. it was definitely fun dancing with everyone! i'll get to see you thursday before i leave for t*bt! yay!

and (just for the record) i don't think it's unwise that you're moving to austin. as i said to adam, it's risky, but i think every man should take a risk like this at least once in his life. God's going to do huge things in you through this! i'm glad you're stepping out.

Jason said...

I likey. That pick guard is smokin. Can't wait to hear it Sunday night. I think your up with me on electric int he near future as well. Sweet.

Roland said...

Very, very nice. I wish a very long and bountiful relationship for the two of you.